Älmhult‘s squares and parksAddress: Älmhult Show map
A Walking path in the central part of Älmhult, where you can visit the town's different parks and squares.
Plantation which swishes shape every year with different spring- and summer flowers. It is by the corner of a boulder-ridge which comes from the north, in the area which locally is called “Bokehillsbacken”
named after an entertainment place which earlier was there.
2. Arnold’s park
Leafy, small oasis with many trees and seating areas. A footbridge crosses over the small stream. It is named after the communal engineer Arnold S. Svensson who lived near the area and started the park area. There is a big stone called “Klövjesten” in the area which has given the name “Klöxhult” (originally Klöffshult).
The historical place for the old times creature market, which was held between 1867-1954.
There are two cabins from Älmhult's native environment union in Haganäsparken. The small, red one is the old “prison”, which earlier was the local arrest room in Älmhult at Nicklabacken. It was built in the 19th century of wood that came from Stolpastugans market sheds.
The other cabin, which is brown, is a croft which comes from Bisterhult in Virestad’s parish. This croft has also been called soldier cottage by some, but it has never been one. However, is it built in the measures that are used for soldier cottages. This cabin was earlier placed at Sjöstugan in Bökhult, but originally it came 1928 from Bisterhult in the area surrounding Virestad. 1958/1959 was the cabin moved to the newly founded native environment park. 1960/1961 a prison moved here. The cabin was called Skogslund when people lived in Bisterhult, but later it was also called “Get-Elins” after the widow Elin Svensdotter, who was the last person to live in the cabin in the early 20th before it was moved to Älmhult.
Björkparken was donated to Älmhult’s market town in 1906 by the vet Axel Crona. It said in the donation letter that an official building could be built in the area and in the later 20th was the municipal building in place.
During the majority of the 20th century the square was divided in three separated sections. Closest to the station were tall trees and grassy ground. Railway workers were originally given opportunities to grow for your own use. The area then started to be called “Spenatkoppen”, which is a term that is still used today by people in Älmhult. This part is now flowered and there is also a fountain with a diabase sculpture.
The middle part of the square is covered with stones that are typically used for squares. Even until this day there are casual trading areas.
The northern part of the square, closest to the municipal building, has changed multiple times, but has always contained a walking lane. The sculpture of the young Linné is created by Carl Eldh and it was consecrated in 1946.
About this activity
Phone number+46 (0)476-55152
Contact person email