Stenbrohult church and the church stablesAddress: Stenbrohult 21, 34371 Diö Show map
Address: Stenbrohult 21, 34371 Diö
Stenbrohult church and the church stables.
From the Middle Ages to the beginning of the 20th century, Stenbrohult was the centre of the area today known as the Linnaeus District. The construction of the church and purchase of the surrounding land could be implemented thanks to a donation made by the knight Bengt Tykesson in the 14th century. Only the cellar of the original building, situated to the south of the present church, remains today. Close to the church is Gerda Springchorn’s Linnaeus statue from 1948. On the spot where the old church’s choir was once located, a monument to Carl Linnaeus’s parents and brother can now be found.