Älmhult Local heritage center and OrmakullagårdenAddress: Storgatan, 343 32 Älmhult Show map
Address: Storgatan, 343 32 Älmhult
There are two cabins from Älmhult's native environment union in parken Haganäsparken. The small, red one is the old “prison”, which earlier
was the local arrest room in Älmhult at Nicklabacken. It was built in the 19th century of wood that came from Stolpastugans market sheds.
The other cabin, which is brown, is a croft which comes from Bisterhult in Virestad’s parish. This croft has also been called soldier cottage by some, but it has never been one. However, is it built in the measures that are used for soldier cottages. This cabin was earlier placed at Sjöstugan in Bökhult, but originally it came 1928 from Bisterhult in the area surrounding Virestad. 1958/1959 was the cabin moved to the newly founded native environment park. 1960/1961 a prison moved here. The cabin was called Skogslund when people lived in Bisterhult, but later it was also called “Get-Elins” after the widow Elin Svensdotter, who was the last person to live in the cabin in the early 20th before it was moved to Älmhult.